Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day 8 Technology




In my school district we don't really have access to computers for students use.  We have one lab that is used to teach math and one mobile lab that the 6th grade uses for technology standards that are supposed to be covered.  I have a nice projector but the PC that runs the programs is still on XP operating system so it is very limited.  Prezzies worked for a while but have stopped now.  I can show power points but they take a long while to load.  It is frustrating but we are hit with even more cuts for next year so I don't see any chance at improvement soon.  They won't allow us to bring in our own which is sad as I have old computers at home that run better than the one I have to use.  We all just try to make it work.  We have noticed the last couple years that students are becoming less computer savvy.  They spend so much time on their phones and video games that that is really where their talent lies.

Each year the day before they start the marathon that is state testing, I try to give them some tips and show them some stretches that help get the blood flowing, especially through the long boring reading passages.  I decided to make a power point this year to go along with my tips.  This is the result.  I did notice that the web version here is a little off on the cues so please don't be too critical.  The normal version works okay I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment