Saturday, March 28, 2015

Day 10 Refelction


 This was a particularly difficult week as we prepare to start our state testing next week.  Our principal came to me on Monday and asked me to assign teachers to the groups I had made up of the students that would be spread across 3 different campuses.  We were instructed by the state to have 2 administrators in each testing room.  When I started sorting the teachers out we didn't have enough to watch those testing and those left behind.  We went back and forth for 4 days on how to make it work.  One hour I had it done and the next hour she had changed her mind and by lunch it was changed again.  lol  I was ready to pull my hair out!   We finally got it fixed we think so we shall see.

I commented to my building partner about how good this class makes me feel.  The positive comments inspire me to do great things.  I read them sometimes when I have a minute during the day and it makes me feel so good but then I go back to the reality that is our school right now and come back down.  I told him we need to get that positivity going on here at our school.  I'm going to work on it and make that a change if it kills me!  I think it is time to bring back my 3 good deeds journals as a start.

As I was looking for a graphic to put at the top of my blog I found an awesome gold mine Pinterest site which led me to several ideas I want to incorporate in my classroom.  I teach a rigor poetry class at the end of the day and this site had a "Literature Graffiti" wall.  Students would write down lines or quotes from stories they like.  I'm going to have mine do it from the poems we read.  I think they will enjoy that and it will encourage them to really pay attention to what they are reading.  Below is the picture they had posted of theirs in their classroom.


Then as I got lost in the page, like I always do, I found some other things I would like to add to my classroom.  I really like the procedure check list.  I definitely will use my own version at the beginning of the year next year.  

These are a couple others I plan on using as well.  I have various memes up in my room of common things they need to do such as face forward etc. but I am always on the look out for other ways to remind them.


By the end of the day Friday we got to choose our new enrichment classes and ended on a positive note so I was feeling less stressed.  I was definitely ready for the weekend though!


No comments:

Post a Comment