Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 3 Ch Cha Cha Change...

Today's challenge was about change.  I teach 7th graders so my former students, the 8th graders, stop frequently and are quite upset when they hear what we are doing because we didn't do that last year with them.  I spend a lot of time in the summer reworking and refreshing what I do in my class.  I am an unfinished painting and feel the need to "paint" some more whenever I have time.

Since I am on spring break I couldn't really try anything in class but there is a big change coming up I have been working on during my 2 week break.  We have our Common Core testing coming up in the next 3 weeks.  We don't have enough computers to go around so unlike past years our kids won't be taking their tests with their homeroom teachers.  Some will be at the high school, some at the elementary, some will use 2 mobile labs and one will be in the junior high lab.  Since I won't be there to cheer on my "Homies" as I call my homeroom kids, I created a little survival bag for them while they are testing.  I wrote a corny little poem for them.  I included a word search book for when they finish. I ordered stress balls because I tend to get a lot of the ADHD kids in my homeroom because my boss knows I can handle them and I figured they all would be stressing so it couldn't hurt.  There are Rice Krispy treats if they get hungry, water if they are thirsty, gum (again for my ADHD kids but everyone gets some) life savers, tissues because it is allergy season here, Smarties to make them smarter, and a band-aid in case they need it.

It really is just a bunch of silly stuff but I wanted them to know I was thinking of them.  I will show you the horrible pictures I took below.  They are in 1 gallon freezer bags so they can put their trash right in there so there is no mess.

 This is the front and as I said the picture didn't turn out very good I think because it was in a clear back.

I am still waiting on the stress balls to finalize the package.  They will be here tomorrow  according to the tracking email. Below is a picture of the note I put inside...like I said corny but it lets them know they are on my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment