Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 1 Passion

What being a teacher means to you... is the question of the day.

What does being a teacher mean to me?

It means being consumed with the care of all of my students, with a deep passion for my subject, with never wanting to miss the chance to make a difference.  It is a never ending process of learning....searching...incorporating...and helping students connect with material.  It mean striving to encourage students to take chances and to seek out new ideas and to question the world around them.  I believe in teaching not only my subject matter but in teaching about the world we live in and how it is affecting them. And it means using and giving whatever gifts I may have that can help them educationally or personally.  Being a teacher means living by example and teaching them right from wrong and how they can make a difference. And it means teaching them knowledge is power and with it they can do anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment